kern/152079: [msdosfs] [patch] Small cleanups from the other NetBSD/OpenBSD

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 20:57:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:13:39AM -0700, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
> --- On Fri, 3/25/11, Kostik Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >  Fixes NetBSD PR #44661
> > Can you extract the test referenced in the commit message
> > ?
> Here is the NetBSD link:
>
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/tests/fs/vfs/t_vnops.c.diff?r1=1.21&r2=1.22
>
> but I have no idea if it will apply to our testing framework.
No, I do not want it in our testing framework. I want to see a
standalone test that demonstrates the issue.
I think the leak is real, but want to have a way to reproduce
it before committing.

The diff you pointed out to t_vnops.c does not make much sense to me.

> > I think that s/EROFS/EINVAL/ change could and should be
> > committed first, and then the (potential) fix for the
> > vnode leakage as a separate commit.
> >

> It takes some time to get patches committed, so I usually
> prefer to submit bigger patches, if I can, in order to save
> reviewer's time.
EINVAL it trivial, and also it seems to be NOP, because VFS blocks
attempts to delete or rename the mount point root directory.
For delete, it is explicit check, for rename, the cause is the
fact that lookup returns the covered vnode, and you either get
a loop or cross-device link error.