Restoring received properties on a received filesystem.

Artem Belevich art at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 26 00:10:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM, claudiu vasadi
<claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct. This is to avoid, for instance, a zfs send/receive of a recursive
> (-r) snapshot of the ZFS boot pool. Since all properties (mountpoints too of
> course) are kept, upon reboot, the receive-ing side would mount the snapshot
> datasets over any existing (and same) datasets.
>
> Does it make sense ?

I think I see why you may want it, but I don't think you'll get that
behavior from ZFS without hacking it. "zpool import -R root" is
probably your best bet. Alas altroot property is not persistent and
the pool would have to reimported on reboot. Another option may be to
backup/restore properties separately and ignore properties during
send/receive.

--Artem