UFS Journaling gone south

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Mon May 17 10:09:54 UTC 2010

Ivan Voras wrote:
>On 05/17/10 08:43, Mike Barnard wrote:
>
>> GEOM_JOURNAL: Journal 3033687591 : ufsid/4bed9437dfb979f4 contains data.
>>
>> This goes on and on... I cannot go beyond this point. Did I miss something?
>
>It looks like in your setup gjournal interacts badly with glabel. Try
>using the "-h" switch to gjournal.

And since you said in follow-ups to your other post that you were able
to create the data providers anew, and that you had zeroed out the
disk before creating them, then why not use "newfs -r" with an
appropriate number (2 reserved sectors?), in your  newfs/gjournal
label -f/tunefs -J sequence, to reduce the chance of overwriting
something important.

b.