kern/144330: [nfs] mbuf leakage in nfsd with zfs

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Mar 25 00:51:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Kai Kockro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after 3 days with the first patch ( FreeBSD 8-STABLE AMD64, old nfsd ):
>
> netstat -m
> 5732/10528/16260 mbufs in use (current/cache/total)
> 4825/10131/14956/262144 mbuf clusters in use (current/cache/total/max)
>
> It looks very fine. I'll patch with the final corrections and then test again.

Sounds good. Thanks for letting us know.

> But why i have the same issues? I dont use UDP connects, only TCP?!

Hmm, from what I can see, the replay cache is used for both UDP and
TCP in the regular NFS server. If I'm correct on that, any retry of
an RPC over TCP could cause the leak. (Retries of an RPC over TCP
are infrequent, with the likelyhood differing between clients. I
can only guess that your TCP clients do retries?)

rick