CFT: periodic scrubbing of ZFS pools

Thu Jun 10 14:26:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

as there seems to be interest in a periodic script to scrub zpools, I
modified my monthly-POC into a daily script with parameters for which
pools to scrub, how many days between scrubs (even different per pool,
if required), and several error checks (non-existing pool specified,
scrub in progress).

You can find it at
    http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/600.scrub-zfs

Please put it into /etc/periodic/daily and test it. Possible
periodic.conf variables are:
  daily_scrub_zfs_enable="YES"
  daily_scrub_zfs_pools="name1 name2 name3" # all if unset or empty
  daily scrub_zfs_default_threshold="<number_of_days>" # default: 30
  daily_scrub_zfs_<POOLNAME>_threshold="<number_of_days>"

If there is no specific threshold for a pool (= days between scrubs),
the default threshold is used.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Hear about...
	the guru who refused Novocaine while having a tooth pulled because