fixing a busted ZFS upgrade

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Fri Jul 30 04:40:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 04:20:26PM -0700, David Newman wrote:
> Thanks very much -- updating the boot blocks on all four drives using
> your ISO restored this system so it can boot.
>
> Also, where is the UPDATING file for 8.1-RELEASE? The only file with
> that name I know is in /usr/ports, and that one says nothing about ZFS.

The UPDATING file is in the same location for all tags/branches:
/usr/src/UPDATING

Please note that the excerpt mm@ provided is from HEAD/9-CURRENT; said
excerpt isn't in RELENG_8, so you wouldn't have found this information.
Validation of my statement:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/UPDATING#rev.1661

This is from HEAD ("Branches: MAIN").