fixing a busted ZFS upgrade

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Thu Jul 29 23:20:32 UTC 2010

Thanks very much -- updating the boot blocks on all four drives using
your ISO restored this system so it can boot.

Also, where is the UPDATING file for 8.1-RELEASE? The only file with
that name I know is in /usr/ports, and that one says nothing about ZFS.

I sorta/kinda knew that ZFS wasn't officially supported, and would be
happy to contribute documentation for the 8.0->8.1 upgrade procedure so
that others don't make the same mistake.

Thanks again.

dn