Help with Faulted zpool

jhell jhell at dataix.net
Sun Jul 4 05:21:28 UTC 2010

On 07/03/2010 17:12, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a File server that runs FreeBSD 8.1 (zfs v14)
> after a poweroutage, I am unable to import my zpool named Network
> my pool is made up of 6 1TB disks configured in raidz.
> there is ~1.9TB of actual data on this pool.

Hi Sam,

One option if you have it available is to patch your sources to version
16 fs version 4 that mm@ has made a patch for recently. This patch
contains the fix to the bug that causes this situation to happen during
a power outage or other unexpected quick failure.

The patches mentioned here may not help you recover but might just help
stop your data loss in the future if your pool can not be repaired. I am
unsure if anything in these patches will actually help resolve your
issue but it might be worth a shot. Martin is CC'd, maybe he has further
knowledge and notation he could add to this.

Two good references:
http://bit.ly/aLS9XJ
http://bit.ly/dnBqsZ

And Ill forward mm@ update emails directly to you following this email.

Ye Ole Patch fer v16: Ive been running this for over a week now.
http://bit.ly/bBhUDz

Martin, Sam:
After patching I had to move a few files around in the source directory,
and create two directories. Namely *.py on recent 8.1-STABLE source.
Since these directories do not exist on the system it just leaves the
said files in the base of the source tree.

Created these directories: ( mkdir -p %%BELOW%% )
/usr/src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/pyzfs
/usr/src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/pyzfs/common/

Moved these files:
mv /usr/src/pyzfs.py /usr/src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/pyzfs/
mv /usr/src/*.py /usr/src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/pyzfs/common/

Good luck,