Help with Faulted zpool

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 21:12:18 UTC 2010

Hello list,

I have a File server that runs FreeBSD 8.1 (zfs v14)
after a poweroutage, I am unable to import my zpool named Network
my pool is made up of 6 1TB disks configured in raidz.
there is ~1.9TB of actual data on this pool.

FreeBSD does not have many option for restoring a pool from corrupt meta data

I have loaded OpenSolaris svn_134 on a septate boot disk,
in hopes of recovering my zpool.

on Opensolaris 134, I am not able to import my zpool
almost everything I try gives me cannot import 'Network': I/O error

I have done quite a bit of searching, and I found that import -fFX
Network should work
however after ~ 20 hours this hard locks Opensolaris (however it does
return a ping)

here is a list of commands that I have run on Open Solaris

http://www.puffybsd.com/zfsv14.txt

if anyone could help me use zdb or mdb to recover my pool
I would very much appreciate it.

I believe the metadata is corrupt on my zpool

--

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks