ZFS - scrub lead to corruption?

Graham Todd gtodd at bellanet.org
Thu Jan 28 18:28:09 UTC 2010

Paul Pathiakis wrote:

> I boot to single-user, make sure that scrubbing is turned off and it
> throws the error within 2 minutes of being up.... I'm SOL unless someone
> (please!!!) can respond and tell me how to roll this back.

I think there was a discussion on -current or this list about using zdb to
force a rollback to a previous uberblock - but I'm not sure if this would
apply to your situation.  Using zdb is a bit more high risk and you might
not be able to rollback that far ...  i.e it might not solve your
corruption issue (the one where /usr/bin/m4 is "there" but "not there"?).

Here's a related solaris discussion you may have seen:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=85794