8.0-RELEASE/amd64 - full ZFS install - low read and write disk performance

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Mon Jan 25 20:38:01 UTC 2010

Dan Naumov wrote:

> CPU-performance-wise, I am not really worried. The current system is
> an Atom 330 and even that is a bit overkill for what I do with it and
> from what I am seeing, the new Atom D510 used on those boards is a
> tiny bit faster. What I want and care about for this system are
> reliability, stability, low power use, quietness and fast disk
> read/write speeds. I've been hearing some praise of ICH9R and 6 native
> SATA ports should be enough for my needs. AFAIK, the Intel 82574L
> network cards included on those are also very well supported?

These might be interesting then
www.fit-pc.com
The Intel US15W SCH chipset or System Controller Hub as it's called is
mentioned in hardware notes for 8.0R and 7.2R but only for snd_hda, I
don't know if this means other functions are supported or not. This
thread says it is supported
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2010/01/03/msg001695.html

Chris