zfs receive gives: internal error: Argument list too long

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Wed Dec 16 09:49:33 UTC 2009

On Dec 14, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> Martin, this is the panic report I was refering to. Could you please try
> to reproduce it? Maybe first with my patch to confirm it is reproducible
> and then with your patch to confirm it has no such problem?
> I'd be very grateful if you could do that. I don't want something to go
> into the tree if there might be a problem with the patch.

Unable to reproduce it now, but my system is now
FreeBSD  8.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p1 #10: Tue Dec 15 11:27:31 CET 2009     borjam@:/pool/newsrc/obj/pool/newsrc/src/sys/DEBUG  amd64

I've applied the patch and done several make buildworlds and make cleans.

Weird, this was one of the virtual machines that crashed often when doing the zfs send/zfs receive tests. Maybe something was damaged?

Borja.