Thinking of using ZFS/FBSD for a backup system

CZUCZY Gergely phoemix at harmless.hu
Tue Jul 8 08:34:41 UTC 2008

This is the kmem_size overstep issue I'm mostly talking about. No matter how
much you tune your system, the chance of a kernel panic due to kmem_size is too
small remains. And the time will come, and you will have a random reboot during
the backup procedure. It ofcourse happens when ZFS is in use :)

So, in my humble opinion you're better off with (open)solaris for now.

on amd64 by some VM patching, i don't quite remember the details...

--
Üdvölettel,

Czuczy Gergely
Harmless Digital Bt