cvs commit: src/share/man/man4 sched_4bsd.4 sched_ule.4

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Thu Jan 24 06:58:41 PST 2008

On 01/24/08 14:48, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> ru          2008-01-24 13:48:20 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     share/man/man4       sched_4bsd.4 sched_ule.4
>   Log:
>   - sched_4bsd is no longer a default system scheduler on some
>     architectures, so call it "traditional" instead.
>
>   - sched_ule is no longer buggy or experimental (according to
>     rev. 1.7 of sched_ule(4)), so don't call it experimental
>     (reported by a user on stable@).

I've tried ULE+ZFS on two machines recently (on 7-STABLE). One desktop
and one server. Both of them froze (for example on the server an already
running top kept running, but if I exited from that, I couldn't do
anything anymore. On the desktop, the window manager stops (no mouse, no
keyboard), but the clock applet remained active).
I thought it's ZFS, because all of these popped out while there were
increased disk activity, but on monday I've switched both of them to
SCHED_4BSD and since that no freeze happened.

Anyone out there with ULE+ZFS (I ran them on i386 with 1 GB of RAM, SMP
systems)?

(BTW, ULE was a little bit sluggish while playing music and overall)

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)                 phone: +3630 306 6758