move data pool to pool in same tank, free space not recovered.

Dario Perovich dariop at corp.webnx.com
Fri Aug 29 04:04:51 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I used mc-light to try to move about 3.6tb of data from /storage to /storage2 in the same tank. I had about 1.2tb of space free, it copied 1.2tb of data and then ran out of room.  /storage shows 2.4tb of data and /storage2 shows 1.2tb but now there's only 460 megs of free space.  I deleted a random file and space is now 1.1gb.   The pool/tank was created with 7.0-RELEASE and imported into 8.0-CURRENT-200806 (since 07 wont install and 08 has no amd64).  Also yes, I have confirmed the data is no longer, at least ls'd, in /storage

For those curious why I'm doing this, I've noticed issues with /storage that scrub hasn't caught so I thought I'd see if creating a fresh pool would be a crude work around, just to find this :)

Dario