move data pool to pool in same tank, free space not recovered.

Dario Perovich DarioP at WebNX.com
Fri Aug 29 03:36:04 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I used mc-light to try to move about 3.6tb of data from /storage to
/storage2 in the same tank. I had about 1.2tb of space free, it copied
1.2tb of data and then ran out of room. /storage shows 2.4tb of data and
/storage2 shows 1.2tb but now there’s only 460 megs of free space. I
deleted a random file and space is now 1.1gb. The pool/tank was created
with 7.0-RELEASE and imported into 8.0-CURRENT-200806 (since 07 wont
install and 08 has no amd64). Also yes, I have confirmed the data is no
longer, at least ls’d, in /storage

For those curious why I’m doing this, I’ve noticed issues with /storage
that scrub hasn’t caught so I thought I’d see if creating a fresh pool
would be a crude work around, just to run across this.

Dario

ps. sorry if theres a dupe on the list, I sent from the wrong addr
before wasn't sure if it hit the list.