ACL's doesn't work with SUIDDIR

Cédric Jonas cedric at decemplex.net
Sat Mar 31 13:31:10 UTC 2007

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 07:51:27 -0500 (EST)
Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Cédric Jonas wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:15:26 -0700
> > Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> wrote:

> >> SUIDDIR is probably mot widely used so it may not have ever been
> >> tested with ACL (also not widely used) is is possible that you are
> >> the first person to have ever tried this combination :-)
> >>
> >> I suggest that the ACL guys take a look as they i think have some
> >> shared code with other OS's which probably don't have SUIDDIR,
> >> which is a FreeBSD only option.
> >
> > Typical for me :-( But however, it seems that I'm not the very
> > first one who tries this. I found this in the freebsd-stable
> > archive from February 2005:
> >
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-February/011786.html
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-February/011797.html
> >
> > It it can help... I also filled in a PR: misc/110915
> >
> > Let me know if you need further informations.
>
> Thanks for this report -- I will try to investigate this issue
> sometime this week.  Is there a PR files for this currently?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert N M Watson

Thank you. Yes, I filled in a PR: kern/110915.

Cédric Jonas                                        cedric at decemplex.net

GPG ID:                                                         30CCFE8D
GPG Key:                 http://box.decemplex.net/~cedric/cedric.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint:      CF03 E1FD 9428 1B6B E971  B107 9044 AA99 30CC FE8D

Jabber-ID:                                          cedric at decemplex.net