mpt problems. (Re: Dell hardware raid 0 (sas5ir) or gmirror?)

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 14 12:55:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 05:44:14PM +0000, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 11:51:35AM -0500, Mark Saad wrote:
> > Hello
> >    So the HP DL320G4 servers come with a similar LSI
> >    Logic SAS controller. In 6.2-RELEASE  was seeing the same
> > issue;
> > The fix I found was a firmware update from HP HP Firmware
> > Update 7.6.0 . After applied the mpt messages went away .
> > I beelive this is a bug in the LSI firmware more then the
> > FreeBSD OS, as this controller has been very odd
> > regardless of what os I am running on it.
> >

> I can believe that.  I wonder how I should put the issue to Dell so that
> they can understand what I'm on about and fix it!  The controller
> appears to be a custom version, at least the card probes as Dell part
> not an LSIlogic part.

I spoke to Dell, but they don't have a newer firmware yet.  I've
reported the issue, and I guess that I'll have to see whether they
fix it at some point.

I the mean time I've nailed the tags in rc.local, so that they get fixed
at boot time.

    % cat /etc/rc.local
    camcontrol tags da0 -N 119
    camcontrol tags da1 -N 119