alternative automounter solution

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Dec 20 07:35:08 PST 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

[stuff snipped]
> with symlinks. While on host system everything is OK:
>
> /.amd_mnt/nas/music
> /data/music -> /.amd.mnt/nas/music
>
> it won't work for the jail:
>
> /ftpjail/.amd_mnt/nas/music
> /ftpjail/anonftp/music -> /ftpjail/.amd.mnt/nas/music
>
> i.e. amd creates absolute symlink, which won't work in /ftpjail chroot.
> What will work is:
>
> /ftpjail/anonftp/music -> /.amd.mnt/nas/music
> /ftpjail/anonftp/music -> ../.amd.mnt/nas/music
>
> But as far as I understand there's no way to make amd behave like that.
>
> Any solutions? The best thing will be amd alternative with clearer
> config and map syntax.

I think someone was working on an auto_fs port, but I don't know anything
about auto_fs or the current state of any port.

Alternately, it's open source, so you could hack it? (Again, I haven't
looked at the sources, so I don't know if this is easy.)

rick, who always just uses static nfs mounts