forcing a permanent "time" optimization with tunefs ?

Juri Mianovich juri_mian at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 10:46:56 PDT 2007

I have a filesystem with a minfree of 1 that is set
for "space" optimization:

tunefs: minimum percentage of free space: (-m)
    1%
tunefs: optimization preference: (-o)
    space

I would like it to be optimized for "time" instead,
but when I do this, it almost immediately reverts back
to "space" (with a message that a filesystem with less
than 8% minfree should be optimized for space)

But let's pretend I know better ... and I really do
want to optimize it for time - is there any way to
force a permanent optimization for "time" ?

Many thanks.