minfree 1 -> 0 -> 1 == death ... PLEASE HELP

Juri Mianovich juri_mian at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 12:24:27 PDT 2007

Ok, my previous post was too detailed and confusing.
Here it is totally stripped down:

- FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE system with 1.8 TB ufs2
filesystem

- up and stable for 200+ days _with_ a minfree setting
of _one_

- yesterday I did this:  tunefs -m 0 /dev/aacd0s1e

- KABOOM

- I then decided to cut my losses and put things back
right where they were previously: tunefs -m 1
/dev/aacd0s1e

- KABOOM

So that's that.  I don't care what's happening, I
don't care why, I don't care what:

- HOW DO I get back the minfree=1 behavior that I had
24 hours ago ?  It worked fine for 200 days with
minfree=1, and I just want to go back there.  I did
not use ANY of the space that I gained when I went
from 1->0, so there should not be any issues... but
there are.

Help!