Cluster Filesystem for FreeBSD - any interest?

yf-263 yfyoufeng at 263.net
Wed Jun 22 01:44:23 GMT 2005

在 2005-06-21二的 09:35 -0500,Eric Anderson写道:
> This is something I've brought up before on other lists, but I'm curious
> if anyone is interested in developing a BSD licensed clustered
> filesystem for FreeBSD (and anyone else)?
>
> If there are enough developers, we can get the details ironed out and
> start real software for this.
>
> What is everyone's thoughts on this?  Who's interested?

I have the great interests on it.

But as you see in http://www.clusterfs.com/lustre_is_oss.html  #In what
way does Lustre have "open-development"?

"Our experience in developing distributed file systems for more than 10
years has been that the open source community contributes relatively few
bug fixes."

So the work need a strong support from its experiences.

Also I have opened a discuss on following link
http://bbs.chinaunix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=544517

--
yf-263 <yfyoufeng at 263.net>
Unix-driver.org