Extracting FFS from FreeBSD

Daniel Gustafsson daniel.gustafsson at space.se
Mon Oct 18 04:01:16 PDT 2004

It´s true that it may be overkill to extract FFS for my needs.

The functionallity that I am after is:
1. Read/Write etc.
2. 1 GB Partitions.
3. Few reads and writes to disk.
4. RAM footprint between 200-800K
5. Blockbased (blocksize 4-8K).
6. Configurable.
7. Free.
8. Multi-user (I will integrate the FS with a RTOS)
9. Provides a RAM disk than can be modified to fit "any" secondary storage
used.

NOTE: The above configuration is for the optimal FS.

Does someone have any tips on file systems that fit this puropse. I have
made some research but hasn't yet found anything adeuquate.

//Daniel