Extracting FFS from FreeBSD

Daniel Gustafsson daniel.gustafsson at space.se
Mon Oct 18 01:20:47 PDT 2004

Hello.

I am working in a project which is in need of a stand-alone file system and
I am interested in extracting FFS from BSD and modyfi it to a stand-alone
module. I have some questions before I begin:

1. Is there any simple way to get FFS source code including all the layers
nessesary to make a separate module (any tips and hints)?

2. Is there any Blockbased RAM driver available (or something like it) that
can be used to test the system on RAM?

3. Can somebody give me some information about the footprint of FFS?

4. Does somebody have any tips of other file systems that already work as a
stand-alone module (requirements: blocksize(4-16K), partitions(>=1GB))?

Best Regards
Daniel