[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS for FreeBSD 5.2 patch

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Mar 9 18:40:25 PST 2004

At 9:25 PM -0500 3/9/04, Jim Rees wrote:
>The very first thing you should do is rebuild with the correct
>sysname.  You can't run a 5.0 client on 5.2.

Oops.  I went with i386_fbsd_50 because that was most-likely one
listed in the README file.

>Also, I see your kernel was not built in /usr/src/sys.  You might
>have to use the --with-bsd-kernel-headers flag to configure.

I don't understand this comment.  Everything for my kernel is
under /usr/src/sys...  Or do you mean I have to build openafs
under /usr/src/sys?

>Thank you for the prompt feedback and please keep me informed.

I'm trying another build with the right sysname right now...
(with the source in /usr/src/sys/openafs)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu