[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS for FreeBSD 5.2 patch

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Tue Mar 9 18:25:56 PST 2004

The very first thing you should do is rebuild with the correct sysname.  You
can't run a 5.0 client on 5.2.

Also, I see your kernel was not built in /usr/src/sys.  You might have to
use the --with-bsd-kernel-headers flag to configure.

However, I wouldn't be at all suprised if there were mp problems.  It's
never been tested.  If you haven't already, try building a kernel with
WITNESS and DDB.

There is not yet an install procedure.  I've been using the package builder
from src/packaging/OpenBSD but it needs a few tweaks.  I'll be working on
this when I can.

Thank you for the prompt feedback and please keep me informed.