regarding pseudofs in FreeBSD

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 29 07:22:27 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Scott Long wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, ravi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As I've already told u in the previous mail , I've extended the liprocfs
> > by creating my own proc entries (which are not related to any process )
> > . And I'm storing some data in the sb ( which is a pointer to sbuf
> > structure ) using my handler function for these entries . I want to make
> > this data to be accessed from the gcov tool when I run the gcov command
> > from the terminal .
> >
> > Please tell me how this can be done ?
>
> I'm not exactly sure what the gcov command is.  Can you explain exactly
> what you are trying to do and what isn't working at the moment?

I believe that coverage in the kernel can be measured by enabling kernel
profiling, and then using the kernbb(8) tool to dump the profile buffers
into a form that can be used by gcov(1).  The man pages for kernbb(8) and
kgmon(8) should have the necessary details.  They require a kernel
configured for profiling, and details should be in there and config(8).

robert at fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research