newfs: useless/bogus check if new last block can be accessed?

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Fri May 9 15:47:44 PDT 2003

On Sat, 10 May 2003, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <20030510002107.T638 at korben.in.tern>, Lukas Ertl writes:
>
> >I don't think it does any harm to keep it (WRT to getting a working
> >filesystem), but since I don't see how it would signal an error (and this
> >is why I posted the question) I'd vote for removing the check.
> >
> >And while we're here: shouldn't wtfs() actually give a return value and
> >not be just static void? (In terms of: "be a good programmer and check the
> >return values of your syscalls...") I think it's called often enough in
> >newfs to qualify for a check :-)
>
> Get in touch with jmallett at freebsd.org who has been actively trying to
> improve the UFS/FFS tools for some time, it sounds like the two of you
> are on the same page :-)

:-)

Ok, although I guess she's on this list anyway, I'm CC'ing her and hope
she's interested if I can come up with some fixes...

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universität Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/