libraw1394

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Nov 2 12:50:20 UTC 2006

Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> I'm willing to maintain our Makefile, if that means, the port can be built
> cleanly and without libtool. I don't think, we'll be bothering upstream with
> the patches to Makefile one way or the other :-)

I've just been on a trip back to Scotland to visit family and managed to
get some work done on this. I think I've got as far as Buzz did. I can't
make any formal commitment in terms of time or resource to this work
right now.

I would really appreciate it if you could have a look.

I've copied what I've been working on to
http://people.freebsd.org/~bms/staging/.

What is missing: ISO, FCP and ARM support.
This also has the same caveat that it will work only with the first
firewire card.

I have noticed when I try to run the raw1394 test code, that my laptop
instantly reboots. No panic. I probably need to try this with a machine
which is more tolerant of double/triple faults and/or NMIs to pin down
exactly what causes the code to die.

Regards,
BMS