sbp0:0:0 No ocb(260d628c) on the queue

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at web.de
Sat Jul 19 10:19:36 PDT 2003

On Saturday 19 July 2003 16:52, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
> Some HDD's seems not to work with tagged queuing.
> try 'camcontrol [device id] tags -N 1'.

I was very much struggling the last weeks.  It seems that 'camcontrol tags da0
-N 1' did the trick.

From what I have experienced it doesn't seem to be a problem of the HDD alone.

I had tested the following (external HD + external IDE) combinations:
IBM HD + Rexon IDE/Firewire Controller:	works fine
IBM HD + Genesys IDE/Firewire Controller:  'No ocb..'-problem

Samsung HD + Rexon IDE/Firewire Controller:    'No ocb...'-problem
Samsung HD + Genesys IDE/Firewire Controller:  'No ocb...'-problem

Currently, I have the the combination IBM-HD + Genesys IDE Controller. As said
before turning off tagging seems to help.

Thanks a lot,
Manfred