problems getting ufs_copy working

Hidetoshi Shimokawa simokawa at sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Jul 9 04:00:32 PDT 2003

At Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:42:47 +0200,
Oliver Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Did you have any output other than 'copying..' line?
> > How about without '-a' option?
>
> Doesn't matter.
>
> > I appreciate if you could send me the output of:
> > # truss /sbin/ufs_copy /mnt/fw/testfile /dev/ad0s1g
>
> Ok, thats it:
> truss: cannot open /proc/curproc/mem: No such file or directory
> truss: cannot open /proc/620/mem: No such file or directory
>
> Mhm, something is missing, right?

Is this reproducible?
Are you sure you have procfs mounted?
If truss(1) doesn't work, try ktrace(1) and send me output of kdump(1).

> There is another thing wich is a bit confusing:
> # ls -ahl
> total 1306356
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel         512B Jul  9 09:17 .
> drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel         512B Jul  8 10:36 ..
> -rw-------  1 root  wheel          34G Jul  9 09:21 testfile
> # du -h
> 1.2G
>
> The files inside that backupfile seize 160M!

What makes you confused?

'ls -l' shows size of whole file system.
du shows the size of the used block in the filesystem
(files + directories + inode + etc.)

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa at sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html