problems getting ufs_copy working

Oliver Hoffmann oliver.hoffmann at uw-service.de
Wed Jul 9 02:43:32 PDT 2003

Hi!

> Did you have any output other than 'copying..' line?
> How about without '-a' option?

Doesn't matter.

> I appreciate if you could send me the output of:
> # truss /sbin/ufs_copy /mnt/fw/testfile /dev/ad0s1g

Ok, thats it:
truss: cannot open /proc/curproc/mem: No such file or directory
truss: cannot open /proc/620/mem: No such file or directory

Mhm, something is missing, right?

There is another thing wich is a bit confusing:
# ls -ahl
total 1306356
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel         512B Jul  9 09:17 .
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel         512B Jul  8 10:36 ..
-rw-------  1 root  wheel          34G Jul  9 09:21 testfile
# du -h
1.2G

The files inside that backupfile seize 160M!
Hope that helps,

Oliver.