FCP 20190401-ci_policy: CI policy

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 30 00:01:00 UTC 2019

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 11:37, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I fully agree with your attitude there, and understand your frustration.
> IMO the right action would be to contact the committers who did the
> relevant changes, first.  Was it done ?  What was their response ?

If we had tests running consistently at the time an offending change
was introduced we might know that :)  This is exactly the reason I
want us to have a large corpus of tests that are, as a rule, expected
to consistently pass.

As far as I can tell from a cursory investigation this is a flaw that
predates the pf tests, and just happens to be demonstrated by them.