FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Oct 23 21:34:23 UTC 2018

> I'd also suggest that rl stands in stark contrast to the cs, wb, sn, smc,
> sf, tl, tx and vr drivers, which nobody has mentioned in this thread, and
> which I doubt are in use in any FreeBSD system of any age today.

vr is used by my TV driver laptop:
http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/novatech-8355/
vr0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=82808<VLAN_MTU,WOL_UCAST,WOL_MAGIC,LINKSTATE>
        ether 00:40:d0:5e:26:38
        inet 192.168.91.65 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.91.255
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex,flowcontrol,rxpause,txpause>)
        status: active

Which currently runs 8.4-RELEASE & eg xrandr, but I'll upgrade soon
when I also configure it to receive from a raspberry-pi TV VPN server.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Computer Consultant, Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich.
 Brexit referendum stole 3,700,000 Brits votes abroad, inc. 700,000 in EU.