FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

Eric Joyner erj at freebsd.org
Fri Oct 5 19:41:00 UTC 2018

Being an Ethernet driver maintainer and being at most 4 years old when Fast
Ethernet was introduced makes me biased to the point of irrelevant here,
but I absolutely am all for drivers for old 100M-only devices being removed.

I just can't really understand the support. I'd be incredibly annoyed if
anything I owned was 100M-at-most (like my Wi-Fi router), and Intel is
already dropping support left and right for 100M speeds on newer things.
Maybe it just comes down to money.

- Eric