lang/erlang 19 -> 21

Dave Cottlehuber dch at skunkwerks.at
Fri May 24 09:39:19 UTC 2019

On Thu, 23 May 2019, at 18:11, Kim Shrier wrote:
> I saw in the mail archives that some tidying up work was needed
> in order to bump lang/erlang from 19 to 21.
>
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-erlang/2019-March/000584.html
>
> Is there something I could do to help this process along?

Hi Kim,

Remember you can always use erlang-runtime21 (or even erlang-runtime22 now) directly.

atm there are only a handful of people who've tested and given feedback, so if you want to apply Jimmy's 3 patches and try it out, please do so. These need to be applied in order:

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19911
https://reviews.freebsd.org/P253 (additional tweak from me)
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19912 (elixir)
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D19913 (rabbitmq)

Alternatively, if you use git, grab this:

patch: https://git.sr.ht/~dch/ports/commit/a8d71d3f9931ea8dec4ba646163a4c7c4e16534d.patch
pretty: https://git.sr.ht/~dch/ports/commit/a8d71d3f9931ea8dec4ba646163a4c7c4e16534d

A+
Dave