Something messed up in linux emulation

Theron theron.tarigo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 20:29:36 UTC 2018

On 06/08/18 16:25, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Installing linux-c7-gtk2-2.24.31...
> /compat/linux/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0-32: error while loading
> shared libraries: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> /compat/linux/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0-64: error while loading
> shared libraries: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> ===>>> Re-installation of linux-c7-gtk2-2.24.31 complete
> Note that it did NOT fail.
>
> At this point, I am baffled! If this file is required, why was it not
> installed when I re-installed linux-c7-gtk2?
>
> Any idea what could have gone wrong? I'm thinking that I need to re-install
> all of my linux-c7 ports. this will hopefully fix things, but would like to
> get an idea of what happened to trigger this mess.

The file is part of linux-c7-libpng:

% pkg which /compat/linux/usr/lib/libpng15.so.15
/compat/linux/usr/lib/libpng15.so.15 was installed by package
linux-c7-libpng-1.5.13_2

(The 'pkg which' should work on your system, even when the file is missing).
The port linux-c7-libpng is a dependency of linux-c7-gtk2.
Since some /compat/linux files are unexpectedly missing, it could be a
good idea to reinstall any linux-c7 ports you are using.