Something messed up in linux emulation

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 20:25:44 UTC 2018

Running 11.2 r334502. All ports current and using linux-c7.

My linux compatibility stuff seems to be messed up a bit.

I was unable to run nspluginwrapper. I would invoke "nspluginwrapper -v -a
-i" and failed due to a missing library. First it was libatk-1.0.so.0. I
installed linux-c7-atk then was missing libfontconfig.so.1. Installed and
then found libthai.so, installed it, then it was libpng15.so. Clearly
something was seriously messed up.

I looked at the dependencies of nspluginwrapper and the only linux compat
port listed was linux-c7-gtk2. When I tried to re-install that, it reported:
Installing linux-c7-gtk2-2.24.31...
/compat/linux/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0-32: error while loading
shared libraries: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
/compat/linux/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0-64: error while loading
shared libraries: libpng15.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

===>>> Re-installation of linux-c7-gtk2-2.24.31 complete
Note that it did NOT fail.

At this point, I am baffled! If this file is required, why was it not
installed when I re-installed linux-c7-gtk2?

Any idea what could have gone wrong? I'm thinking that I need to re-install
all of my linux-c7 ports. this will hopefully fix things, but would like to
get an idea of what happened to trigger this mess.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com