flash on 8.1?

Paul Wootton paul at fletchermoorland.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 21:11:01 UTC 2010

mi at aldan.algebra.com wrote:
> 20.07.2010 13:14, Juergen Lock написав(ла):
>>   Mikhail, have you tried ff's -safe-mode, or maybe even better
>> creating a new profile from scratch?  And if that doesn't work
>> maybe you should really use a native browser with nspluginwrapper
>> like most(?) of us do...
>>
> Yes, I did try -safe-mode -- linux-firefox dies on start-up anyway.
> This is why I associated it with the complain about epoll...
>
> The native firefox seems to work, though -- with flash (and npdf.so)
> wrapped by the nspluginwrapper.
>
> But I find it disturbing, that different methods were needed on i386
> and amd64 :-(
>
>    -mi

I've recently followed 6.2.3 (Macromedia Flash) on
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html with
a r210392 current.

The only think different for me (in /etc/fstab) was that
linproc /usr/compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0
did not work but instead I used
linproc /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0

After that, I can happily use Flash in Firefox

[paul at demophon /dev]$ pkg_info firefox*
Information for firefox-3.5.10,1:
[paul at demophon /dev]$ pkg_info linux_base*
Information for linux_base-f10-10_2:
[paul at demophon /dev]$ pkg_info nsplugin*
Information for nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_7:
[paul at demophon /dev]$ pkg_info linux-f10-flash*
Information for linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r45: