flash on 8.1?

Dmitry Pryanishnikov lynx.ripe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 18:53:57 UTC 2010

Hello!

2010/7/19 Mikhail T. <mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com>:
> I was really hoping, the Linuxulator in 8.1 will be able to run flash-9...
> Unfortunately, my linux-firefox crashes as soon as it encounters any
> embedded flash out there :-(

  Well, I'm using flash-10 under 8.1 with native seamonkey:

seamonkey-2.0.5     The open source, standards compliant web browser
linux_base-f10-10_2 Base set of packages needed in Linux mode for i386/amd64
linux-f10-flashplugin-10.1r53 Adobe Flash Player NPAPI Plugin
nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_7 A compatibility plugin for Netscape 4 (NPAPI) plugins

This combo kinda works... Sometimes (not often - but YMMV) all
seamonkey windows suddenly freeze for tens of seconds and then resume
to work normally. Sometimes after that flash-driven images (e.g. on
youtube) disappear - just reloading current page usually fixes this
problem. But things also behaved this way under RELENG_6 and _7 with
old linuxolator and flash-9. So, there is some progress (flash-9 ->
10), but no, this combo isn't quite stable ;(

> My users are rebelling -- any hope? Is it supposed to work? Thanks! Yours,

  I hope they haven't got any weapons yet ;)

--
Sincerely, Dmitry
nic-hdl: LYNX-RIPE