[WIP] wine/i386 on FreeBSD/amd64 (take 2)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 12:32:53 UTC 2009

On Saturday 19 December 2009 00:19:41 Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:27:15PM +0200, David Naylor wrote:
> > > (On FreeBSD/amd64)
> > > # pkg_add wine-amd64-8-1.1.34,1.tbz
> >
> > (package name changed)
> > # pkg_add wine-amd64.8-1.1.34,1.tbz
>
> Will this have everything we need in order to run it, even with nvidia
>  drivers? Since nvidia-driver doesn't have the latest BETA drivers in it, I
>  can't really use that to install the drivers on amd64.

Yes it will.  I've missed some soft dependencies but that will be fixed soon.
If you grab the x86 version of the beta driver then all you need are:
libGL.so.1
libGLcore.so.1
libnvidia-tls.so.1

And copy them into /usr/local/lib32

(To fix the soft dependencies copy across libXrender.so.1 and libfreetype.so.9
from i386 to /usr/local/lib32)

> > The above method still does work but now, if one installs nvidia-driver
> > (of the correct version) before building wine under FreeBSD/i386 then the
> > required libraries will be included (this makes the package unsuitable
> > for any system without the correct nvidia drivers installed).
>
> Again, same thing.  The drivers I'm going to need on amd64 are not the ones
>  that are going to be installed via nvidia-driver on i386, right?

Yes, the kld will complain about a version mismatch and not work.  See above.

It will only grab the nvidia shared libraries if the nvidia driver is
installed before the package is built.