[WIP] wine/i386 on FreeBSD/amd64 (take 2)

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri Dec 18 22:19:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:27:15PM +0200, David Naylor wrote:
> > (On FreeBSD/amd64)
> > # pkg_add wine-amd64-8-1.1.34,1.tbz
>
> (package name changed)
> # pkg_add wine-amd64.8-1.1.34,1.tbz

Will this have everything we need in order to run it, even with nvidia drivers?
Since nvidia-driver doesn't have the latest BETA drivers in it, I can't really
use that to install the drivers on amd64.

> The above method still does work but now, if one installs nvidia-driver (of
> the correct version) before building wine under FreeBSD/i386 then the required
> libraries will be included (this makes the package unsuitable for any system
> without the correct nvidia drivers installed).

Again, same thing.  The drivers I'm going to need on amd64 are not the ones that
are going to be installed via nvidia-driver on i386, right?

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of