kqemu locking my machine hard on amd64 smp, with most recent patches

Todd Wasson tsw5 at duke.edu
Wed May 14 21:24:06 UTC 2008

I've been following the discussion on this list about solving the SMP
amd64 kqemu issues pretty closely and have been testing out the
modules as I've gone along, and as of kqemu 1.3.0.p11_4 it was working
pretty well for me.  However, I just built kqemu 1.3.0.p11_6 and with
qemu 0.9.1_7 it's locking my machine up hard.  It isn't leaving me a
dump in /var/crash after I manually reset it, so I'm not sure what to
look for.  Without kqemu, it's running fine albeit expectedly slowly.
Does anyone have any suggestions for solutions, or ways to generate
logs of whatever the problem may be short of attaching a debugger or
something equally unwieldy?

Thanks!

Todd