gizmo: linux libgconf

Wed May 14 07:26:44 UTC 2008

Quoting Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> (from Wed, 14 May 2008
01:47:02 -0500):

> On Wed, 14 May 2008 00:36:41 -0500, Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> (from Tue, 13 May 2008
>> 23:30:11 +0300):

>> That's not a problem. A linux lib needs to be installed into
>> LINUXBASE, and this is different from LOCALBASE.
>
> It's not library that I am thinking about. ;-) Just that gconf
> settings when applications install in etc/gconf/* and storage in
> ~/.gconf*. Do we want gconf settings to be into one for linux-* and
> native? Or not? Sometime it can causes rare problem like old
> linux-gnome-volume-manager (non-exist, just example) and new
> gnome-volume-manager for not able to share ~/.gconf*.

Yes we want it to use the native one. We already use the native
fontconfig settings (And other stuff), so a compatible version of
linux-gconf needs to be used.

Pardo's First Postulate:
	Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or
fattening.

Arnold's Addendum:
	Everything else causes cancer in rats.