linux_dri at amd64 (was: Re: What is the recommended LinuxEmulator and kernel that will run skype-devel and maybe Flash9)

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 16 22:12:09 UTC 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008, Mark Linimon said:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 04:28:42PM +0300, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> > Seems that the case is not so strict:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/91318
>
> OK, the email thread that led to the current state of this PR is
> what I am remembering, under the vague label of "we will need
> someone to track this when we flip it over".
>
> It will be instructive to look at the graphics/linux_dri row in
> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/chartsandgraphs/package_failures_list.a
>md64-6.html.
>
> I'm not objecting to flipping the ARCH as long as someone takes a
> look at the dependents and does TRT with them.  It sounds like we
> already have volunteers :-)
>
> mcl

In going through the depend list, and grepping the tree it looks to me
like there are @20 ports affected, one of which is marked broken for
other reasons and two which are mine. Unless there's ports which
aren't already flagged, I don't see any serious breakage happening.

Alexander mentioned to check for linux errors. dyeske has been stress
testing skype and there are none. So what's next? Maybe a heads-up on
ports@ and I'm willing to ping the individual maintainers and track
any breakage.

BTW, I posted a list of dependent ports on my wiki:

http://freebsd.alaskaparadise.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=LinuxDriAmd64

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html