vmware 6.x on FreeBSD bounty accepted! Call for 64-bit test system...

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Mon Sep 10 13:41:48 PDT 2007

rsync.net writes:
 > [...]
 > We at rsync.net are happy to announce that Orlando Bassotto has accepted
 > the bounty we published some months ago to update vmware support on
 > FreeBSD to 6.x, the latest release version.
 >
 > The original bounty is detailed here:
 >
 > http://www.rsync.net/resources/notices/2007cb.html
 >
 > Orlando has expressed a need for an x86-64 machine, loaded with FreeBSD
 > 6.2, and available on a fixed IP for testing.  If you have such a system
 > and can donate the use of it for a few weeks, it would be greatly
 > appreciated.  Please contact rsync.net at:
 > [...]

Hi John,

I might be able to help with a machine.  I have a couple that aren't
being used at the moment and could set one up running 6.2 easily.

My only problem is that I'm going to be away from 6/13->6/27 or so and
won't be able to physically touch the machine during that period.  If
it needs to be poked, prodded, kicked, or stroked, we'll be out of
luck.  It'll also be running in my basement and my outbound bandwidth
isn't huge.

I'm in Oakland, CA, and if you have offices in the Bay area I'd be
happy to drop a machine off for you to use for a bit.

Alternatively, maybe someone else on freebsd-emulation in the Bay area
would be willing to host it for a bit.

If it sounds like my machine would be helpful, let me know.

g.