2.6.16 for linuxulator & 7.0 release

Wed Mar 21 07:47:13 UTC 2007

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:24:54 +0300):

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:23:48 +0300 Boris Samorodov wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:00:38 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
>> > ATM it doesn't look like we can enable 2.6.16 by default in 7.0.
>> The reasons:
>
>> It's a pity.
>
>> >  - java showstopper (epoll not implemented)
>> >  - futex/TLS for amd64 not in -current for testing
>> >  - futexes not completely right
>> >  - *at() not implemented
>> >  - the time to test a 2.6.16 default until 7.0 shrinks fast
>
>> > Roman has some preliminary work regarding *at() and it looks good to
>> > him. He wants me to test some stuff but I don't have enough time in
>> > the next weeks because of work related stuff. Any volunteers to help
>> > out?
>
>> The next week I'll have an access to needed hardware and have some
>> (not many but...). I'm waiting for instructions.
>
> I've got a machine and some time for tests. What should I do?

Apply the p4 diff (linked from the wiki page) and apply it. Then run a
program which previously had problems because of a missing openat().
If the program moans about another *at() call then, tell Roman that
you need more *at() calls implemented. :)

Roman can tell you more.

The rotten egg will be the one you break into the
cake batter.