something wrong with Linux on 6.2-stable/amd64

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jul 25 02:38:31 UTC 2007

On неділя 22 липень 2007, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
= Ok, I removed this part from the patch... did you test the above
= regardless of the failed hunk? If not, please do.

Just rebooted -- same problem... :( I wish, Linux was available as a module on
amd64 -- at least, I would not have to reboot to try every little patch.

= Lack of a small test which exhibits it and no intent on my side to
= break the law by acquiring a copy of a commercial game from you makes
= this way of handling it necessary.

You would not be breaking a law by downloading a game for testing purposes.
This is also why I did not just post a link to it, but offered you to contact
me privately. (Not to mention, the game's publisher -- Loki -- has gone out
of business about 5 years ago.)

= I also don't have a -stable system on which I can test this.

You could test on -current, just to see, if the problem is fixed there -- it
is (far) easier for you to do that, than for me to upgrade my only system to
(the half-baked) -current.

= And investigating bugs to some extend is the users responsibility. You
= (as a developer) can not reproduce everything in an open source project
= yourself, so you need feedback from users which cooperate.

Of course. And I provided plenty of feedback. But you are asking me to rebuild
the kernel and reboot (my main system) several times, which is a rather
burdensome excercise. It is far easier you to download the program and try
it.

Yours,

	-mi