something wrong with Linux on 6.2-stable/amd64

Sun Jul 22 11:34:20 UTC 2007

Quoting Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com> (Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:17:32 -0400):

> On п'ятниця 20 липень 2007, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> = Additional to what I told you in the last mail regarding reverting some
> = MFCs: I have a patch which is at
> = http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/linuxolator/mfc/07_rest.diff

> --------------------------
> |diff -ruh sys/i386/linux/syscalls.master sys/i386/linux/syscalls.master
> |--- sys/i386/linux/syscalls.master     Wed Jul  4 11:47:57 2007
> |+++ sys/i386/linux/syscalls.master     Tue Jun 26 12:57:36 2007
> --------------------------
> Patching file sys/i386/linux/syscalls.master using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 68.
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 83.
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 139.
> Hunk #4 succeeded at 158.
> Hunk #5 succeeded at 172.
> Hunk #6 failed at 223.
> Hunk #7 succeeded at 280.
> Hunk #8 succeeded at 308.
> Hunk #9 succeeded at 418.
>
> Attaching the syscalls.master.rej -- it seems, I already have this change
> (mprotect to linux_mprotect) applied.

Ok, I removed this part from the patch... did you test the above
regardless of the failed hunk? If not, please do.

> = You are the one with the problem at hand, and I'm the one with not
> = enough time ATM...
>
> A very regrettable attitude... I do appreciate, that despite expressing it,
> you are still trying to help me, but fixing/investigating bugs is not the
> user's responsibility...

Lack of a small test which exhibits it and no intent on my side to
break the law by acquiring a copy of a commercial game from you makes
this way of handling it necessary. I also don't have a -stable system
on which I can test this.

And investigating bugs to some extend is the users responsibility. You
(as a developer) can not reproduce everything in an open source project
yourself, so you need feedback from users which cooperate.

A little suffering is good for the soul.
		-- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0