something wrong with Linux on 6.2-stable/amd64

Fri Jul 20 16:37:49 UTC 2007

Quoting Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com> (Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:13:12 -0400):

> = If it doesn't work, you have to have a look at my linux changes in
> = stable (5 or 6 in total) and binary search between them for the
> = problematic one.
>
> Could you identify them for me, please?

Additional to what I told you in the last mail regarding reverting some
MFCs: I have a patch which is at
http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/linuxolator/mfc/07_rest.diff

Before you revert some things, please apply this patch, go to
sys/i38/linux and/or sys/amd64/linux32, run "make sysent" and try the
resulting kernel.

This is not everything I have to MFC, but I don't include the part
which results in a double free panic. I also haven't compile or even
run tested this part in -stable, so keep a working kernel around in
case it panics.

Please report how it works for you.

Here's what it does (roughly):
 - sync linuxulator:
   * fix memleaks
   * add syscalls:
     + stat            (i386, amd64)
     + iopl            (i386, amd64)
     + mprotect        (i386)
     + rt_sigpending   (i386)
     + rt_sigtimedwait (i386)
     + statfs64        (i386, amd64)
     + utimes          (i386, amd64)
     + settimeofday    (amd64)
     + clock_*         (i386, amd64)
   * de-COMPAT_43-ify:
     + sethostname
     + lstat
     + ftruncate
     + nanosleep (i386)
   * add more dummy syscalls so that we know what is needed
   * bug-/compatibility-fixes

Missing is the de-COMPAT_43-ify of some socket stuff.

You cannot use your friends and have them too.